French Broad Adventures has a long history in the outdoor industry. Started as a small, family company called French Broad Rafting in 1981, we are as committed to your safety today as we were then. But a lot has changed, and improved, in 34 years – new gear, new hardware and new certifications to name a few. There is inherent risk in any outdoor activity, but we believe that the only thing more important than providing your family with an exciting and memorable adventure is mitigating and managing any potential risk. Your family’s safety is our number one priority!
Rafting Safety Practices
- Our whitewater rafting guides are some of the most experienced guides in the industry, many with years of experience – some of them have been guiding since our company began over three decades ago!
- All of our Guides have First Aid and CPR Certifications, and our Trip Leaders have advanced medical certifications and Swift Water Rescue training.
- We will give you instruction before you get on the river with us. Our guides are trained to “show you the ropes” before you begin your adventure. Among other things they will show you how to paddle, how to brace in the raft and how to float in the river.
- We teach the class! Owners Mitch, Korey and Michael Hampton, along with some of their Senior Guides, teach the Whitewater Rafting class at a nearby college.
- We are members of America Outdoors Association – the international trade association for the world’s finest adventure travel outfitters.