WE ARE OPENING MAY 24th!
How we are keeping you safe
- We have established new and improved cleaning protocols for our facilities and gear. This includes but is not limited to the cleaning of high-touch surfaces indoors and in vehicles, as well as the disinfection of all gear (like life jackets, harnesses, and helmets) according to manufacturer guidelines.
- We are practicing social distancing. Indoor and vehicular capacities are reduced. Guides and Guests will wear face coverings when in close physical proximity to anyone that is not in their “household group” (who they live with and/or who they traveled here with).
- We will not put you in a raft, on a zipline platform, or on a canyoneering trip with folks that aren’t in your “household group”.
- We are doing symptom screening on all our staff, every day. Be assured that anyone who displays symptoms will be sent home immediately.
- Whenever possible, we will be outside, because it’s better out there! Obviously your adventure takes place outside, but we will also check you in for your trip, get you geared up, and cover safety instructions outdoors whenever possible.
How you can help
- Fill out your waiver online ahead of time.
- Please bring a mask or face covering with you on the day of your trip. If you forget your mask, we will have them available for purchase.
- Masks must be worn – when interacting with staff and other guests, in vehicles going to and from your adventure, and during your trip whenever it is practical and safe to do so.
- Practice social distancing, by staying at least six feet from anyone that is not in your group. Follow posted signs and instructions, as well as staff guidance, while you are here for your trip.
- If you are sensitive to cleaning chemicals, please wear a long-sleeved shirt and pants to create a barrier between your skin and the disinfectants we are using on your gear.
- Check your confirmation letter for any special COVID-related instructions.
- Consider bringing a snack and leaving it in your car for after your trip. We have had to temporarily suspend our lunch trips, so you might be hungry when you get back!
Things that have changed
- To minimize the risk to your safety, we are only putting groups together in rafts, on zipline platforms, and for canyoneering trips right now that are in the same “household”. HOWEVER – at this time, the minimum trip size for a canyoneering trip is 2 people, the minimum for zipline trips is 3, and the minimum number for a rafting trip is 4 people. If you have less than that number of people in your party, you will need to pay for that minimum number – or better yet, bring some more folks from your household!
- Trip availability will be limited. You will need to book in advance to assure that we have the staff and are prepared for your arrival.
- Our cancellation policy has been relaxed a little right now. If you have to change your plans because of symptoms of or exposure to COVID, please let us know, because we want to encourage you to stay home and get better. For now, instead of a 72-hour cancellation policy, we will allow for a trip voucher up until 24 hours before your trip. If you have any questions, please give us a call.
- Staff may assign seating in vehicles, and load/unload in a specific fashion. Please remain seated until directed by a staff member.
Yes. For now, our Guides will be wearing face coverings, and we will ask you to as well. At the very least, we will all need to wear them indoors and on shuttle vehicles to and from the trip. We may only remove them in situations during our adventures where it is unsafe to be wearing a mask (while swimming on a river trip for example). Guests should bring a face covering with them. If you forget your mask or do not have one, they will be available in our store.
Q: Will you be doing any symptom screening?
Your confirmation letter will include a list of symptoms that you should ask yourself about before you come out on an adventure. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of those questions, please reschedule your trip for another time. We may also ask you those same questions when you arrive on site.
Q: Do I need to come sooner than the usual 30 minutes before my trip time to allow for extra precautions?
We don’t anticipate needing more than 30 minutes (per usual), but please make sure you do arrive on time. Any less than 30 minutes before trip departure may mean we do not have enough time to accommodate you on your trip. Also, doing your waiver digitally ahead of time is important now more than ever, for time and social distancing reasons.
Q: Can I come indoors to the store, to change clothes, or to use the bathroom?
Yes. But we do have a reduced capacity indoors because of current state and federal guidelines. Maximum numbers of persons (equal to 50% of our usual capacity) will be posted on the entry doors. Please limit your time indoors whenever possible, wear a face covering indoors, and do your best to maintain 6 feet of distance between you and folks that did not come with you on your trip.
Given the circumstances, this may be more difficult than usual (and it could be hard to see your smiling face in the photo if you have a mask on). If you would really like to have photos of your adventure, please let us know when you make your reservation so that we can discuss it with you. We may ask however, that you buy your pictures online to reduce the number of people indoors looking at photos on tablets. Please call if you have any questions, and we will do our best to accommodate.
Q: Will I be put in a raft, on a zipline platform, or on a canyoneering trip with strangers?
No. To minimize the risk to your safety, we are only taking groups right now that are in the same “household”. HOWEVER – at this time, the minimum trip size for a canyoneering trip is 2 people, the minimum for zipline trips is 3, and the minimum number for a rafting trip is 4 people. If you have less than that number of people in your party, you will need to pay for that minimum number – or better yet, bring some more folks from your household!