Experience Western North Carolina waterfalls that few have ever seen up close!
Canyoneering is an adventure sport that combines multiple outdoor adventures such as hiking, boulder-hopping, and waterfall rappelling to traverse down a canyon, typically formed by a river. Until recently canyoneering in the United States has been accessible mostly in the Southwest, but exploration of the rivers and waterfalls throughout Western North Carolina has turned up exquisite canyons and pristine waterfalls perfectly suited to this emerging sport. The Guides at French Broad Adventures have the distinction of being the first graduating class of an ACA (American Canyoneering Association) course east of the Mississippi. Now FBA is thrilled to offer guests the opportunity to get off the beaten path, go where the average tourist will never get to go, and experience firsthand the waterfalls and river canyons that make this area so spectacular.
Why Choose Us?
- French Broad Adventures has over 37 years of experience in the outdoor business, and we are local and family-owned
- Your Canyoneering Guides were trained by an ACA ProGuide, and have varied backgrounds in climbing, zip lining, rigging and rope access technology
- Trips depart from Asheville. We’ll meet you at our favorite local outfitter store and watering hole – Black Dome Mountain Sports
- We have partnered with Astral shoes, the best shoes for outdoor adventure, based right here in Asheville
- You will always have a Guide with a WFR (Wilderness First Responder) Certification on your trip
Please see our Participant Requirements before booking your trip.
Come join the fun! Canyoneering is the best way to get away from the crowds and see the waterfalls of the Blue Ridge Mountains with your friends and family.
- Price per Person: $199 each.
- Price to “tag-along”: $50 each. Subject to availability, restrictions apply, call for more info.
- Trips are scheduled March through October, check online or call for availability.
- Reservations are required.
- Join us on a Raft or Zipline trip and save 10% on both!