Where Asheville Comes to Play.
Whitewater rafting, zipline canopy tours, calm water float trips – we’ve got it all! Raft & Zipline with us & experience two of Asheville’s natural wonders; the French Broad River & the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains. Best of all, with French Broad Adventures you don’t have to choose between ziplining & rafting. We are the only raft / zip combo close enough to Asheville that you can have fun with us and make it back to town in time for dinner. Take advantage of our vacation packages & save on all the thrills, chills, & occasional spills into the water! Book both activities together and save.
Asheville’s nearest whitewater experience!
French Broad Rafting provides everything you need to enjoy a wonderful time on the free flowing French Broad River – just show up & we take care of the rest! From our safe, state-of-the-art gear & the most experienced, knowledgeable guides on the river, to our friendly staff & comfortable new outpost, French Broad Rafting is the perfect host for the rafting novice as well as the thrill-seeking experienced rafter. Choose the half-day trip with lively Class II-III rapids, the full-day trip with Class I-IV whitewater, or the leisurely float trip beginning in historic Hot Springs.
- We ALWAYS put a guide in EVERY WHITEWATER RAFT & our guides are some of the most experienced on the river.
- The closest whitewater rafting to Asheville! Our outpost is only a 30-minute drive from Asheville, NC.
- We offer calm water float trips & rentals as well as whitewater trips.
- French Broad River rafting is much warmer and less crowded than other area rivers.
- We offer calm water float trips and rentals as well as whitewater trips.
- FBRZ is the only whitewater outfitter on the French Broad River with a covered pavilion for lunch or snack.
Have you ever wondered what it feels like to fly?
Zipline with us & experience the beauty of the Appalachian Mountains while you soar from tree to tree in a scenic mountain setting. Our zipline adventure course is tree-based with 10 lines ranging in length from 75-1,000 feet long – totaling over one mile of cable! The professional French Broad Ziplines staff will make sure your trip is safe, fun & exciting. The views are stunning, the adventure is astounding & your memories will be unforgettable. Want to really see the mountains? Zipline tours are one of the best activities for exploring the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina. Zipline with kids or friends – the best ziplines in NC are waiting for you!
- Zips, rappels, short hikes & even an UTV ride, make for a unique adventure.
- Your zipline adventure is only a 25 minute drive from Asheville, NC.
- Night ziplines: We now offer a new adventure – zipline trips after dark!
- Safety first! Our course has been certified to meet or exceed the requirements set forth by the ACCT
Testimonials and ReviewsVIEW ALL
We visited in September and we did the 5 mile Raft trip with lunch and a afternoon Zip Line tour. I can’t say enough good things about this company, they are fun, love to have a good time and they do everything to make you fell safe and taken care of. We thoroughly enjoyed the rafting and the lunch was very good. Burgers, hot dogs and you can even get a veggie burger. We also loved the Zip Line, it was so amazing to be flying through the trees. I highly recommend them, they will make sure you have a good time.
To expedite your check in, please print & bring waivers and arrive 30 mins. before your trip time.
The FBRZ outposts are easy to find, but some older GPS devices may not work.
Give the gift of outdoor excitement. Perfect for any occasion!