Time for Summer Fun!
Reserve your adventure today.
Whether its the excitement of whitewater rafting, the thrill of a zip line canopy tour, or the ease and relaxation of a calm water float trip, French Broad Rafting & Ziplines has the perfect outdoor adventure activity for you, your family, or your group. The French Broad River, which flows through the eclectic and scenic city of Asheville, North Carolina and winds through the surrounding mountains, offers everything you could want for a fun-filled day on the water. The beautiful and majestic Blue Ridge Mountains provide the setting for a unique zip line adventure in the trees. Either way, you will have a fun and memorable day in the great outdoors! Book both activities together and save.
The scenic and playful French Broad River provides Asheville’s nearest whitewater experience. We provide everything you need to enjoy a wonderful time on the water. From our safe, state-of-the-art gear and the most experienced, knowledgeable guides on the river to our friendly staff and comfortable new outpost, French Broad Rafting & Ziplines is the perfect host for the rafting novice as well as the thrill-seeking experienced rafter. The free flowing French Broad River is fun for everyone! Choose the half-day trip with lively Class II-III rapids, the full-day trip with Class II-III+ and an exciting Class IV rapid, or the leisurely float trip beginning in historic Hot Springs.
- We ALWAYS put a guide in EVERY WHITEWATER RAFT — GUARANTEED!
- The French Broad River is the closest whitewater rafting to Asheville.
- Our whitewater rafting outpost is only a 30 minute (24 mile) drive from Asheville, and is very close to the river.
- We are the only whitewater company in the Southeast to use biodiesel fuel in all of our diesel powered vehicles.
- We have some of the most experienced guides on the river.
- We offer calm water float trips and rentals as well as whitewater trips.
- FBRZ is the only whitewater outfitter on the French Broad River with a covered pavilion for lunch or snack.
- The French Broad River boasts a very pleasant and moderate water temperature (much warmer than the Nantahala River).
- The French Broad River offers frequent wildlife and bird sightings including blue herons, ospreys, and even the occasional bald eagle.
Zip Line Canopy Tours
Soar through the trees at the Asheville area’s newest zipline canopy tour. Experience the beauty of the Appalachian Mountains while you zip from tree to tree in a scenic mountain setting. After thirty years of outdoor experience the professionals at French Broad Rafting & Ziplines are expanding your adventure from the river to the trees. With an exciting combination of activities, including zips, rappels, short hikes and even a UTV ride, it’s the unique adventure you’ve been looking for. Our zip line adventure course is tree-based with ten lines ranging in length from 75-1000 feet long. The professional FBRZ staff will make sure your trip is safe, fun and exciting. The views are stunning, the adventure is astounding and your memories will be unforgettable. The course is only a 25-30 minute drive from Asheville, NC. Zipline tours are one of the best activities for exploring the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina. Come join the fun.
Get More Information
Want to learn more about the area? Have question about rafting and ziplines? Bringing a scout group? You’ve got Questions, We’ve got Answers!