Beat the Heat This Summer with French Broad Adventures.
Whitewater rafting, zipline canopy tours, calm water float trips, canyoneering adventures – we’ve got it all! Raft & Zipline with us & experience two of Asheville’s natural wonders; the French Broad River & the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains. Best of all, with French Broad Adventures you don’t have to choose between ziplining & rafting. We are the only raft / zip combo close enough to Asheville that you can have fun with us and make it back to town in time for dinner. Take advantage of our vacation packages & save on all the thrills, chills, & occasional spills into the water! Book both activities together and save.. Try our newest adventure, canyoneering, to explore waterfalls and canyons that 99.9% of tourists will never see.
Asheville’s nearest whitewater experience!
French Broad Adventures provides everything you need to enjoy a wonderful time on the free flowing French Broad River – just show up & we take care of the rest! From our state-of-the-art gear to some of the most experienced, knowledgeable guides on the river, to our friendly staff & comfortable new outpost, French Broad Adventures is the perfect host for the rafting novice as well as the thrill-seeking experienced rafter. Choose the half-day trip with lively Class II-III rapids, the full-day trip with Class I-IV whitewater, or the leisurely float trip beginning in historic Hot Springs.
- We ALWAYS put a guide in EVERY WHITEWATER RAFT & our guides are some of the most experienced on the river.
- The closest whitewater rafting to Asheville! Our outpost is only a 25-minute drive from Asheville, NC.
- French Broad River rafting is much warmer and less crowded than other area rivers.
- FBA is the only whitewater outfitter on the French Broad River with a covered pavilion for lunch or snack.
- We offer calm water float trips & rentals as well as whitewater trips.
Have you ever wondered what it feels like to fly?
Zipline with us & experience the beauty of the Appalachian Mountains while you soar from tree to tree in a scenic mountain setting. Our zipline adventure course is tree-based with 10 lines ranging in length from 75-1,000 feet long – totaling over one mile of cable! The professional French Broad Adventures staff will make sure your trip is fun & exciting. The views are stunning, the adventure is astounding & your memories will be unforgettable. Want to really see the mountains? Zipline tours are one of the best activities for exploring the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina. Zipline with kids or friends – the best ziplines in NC are waiting for you!
- Zips, rappels, short hikes & even an UTV ride, make for a unique adventure.
- Zipline tours are fully guided adventures and we have some of the most qualified, fun and entertaining guides in the business.
- We are located only 25 minutes from Asheville, NC.
- After each thrilling zip you can take a moment to relax on our zipline platforms and enjoy the panoramic views, spanning thousands of acres of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Safety first! Our zipline course and operational procedures are regularly inspected and reviewed by ACCT-certified professionals to insure that they meet or exceed the standards set forth by the ACCT, the leader in challenge course technologies.
A One-of-a-Kind-Adventure Awaits
Canyoneering is an adventure sport that combines multiple outdoor adventures such as hiking, boulder-hopping, and waterfall rappelling to traverse down a canyon, typically formed by a river. Until recently, canyoneering in the United States has been accessible mostly in the Southwest, but exploration of the rivers and waterfalls throughout Western North Carolina has turned up exquisite canyons and pristine waterfalls perfectly suited to this emerging sport. FBA is thrilled to offer guests the opportunity to go where the average tourist will never get to go, and experience firsthand the waterfalls and river canyons that make this area so spectacular.
- Western North Carolina is one of the few (and certainly the best!) places in the Eastern U.S. to experience canyoneering.
- Experience Western North Carolina waterfalls that few have ever seen up close.
- Trips depart from and return to Black Dome Outdoors, right in Asheville.
- When you explore the canyons with FBA, you'll be with Guides trained by an ACA (American Canyoneering Association) Pro Guide.
- Get off the beaten path, literally!
Testimonials and ReviewsVIEW ALL
We visited in September and we did the 5 mile Raft trip with lunch and a afternoon Zip Line tour. I can’t say enough good things about this company, they are fun, love to have a good time and they do everything to make you fell safe and taken care of. We thoroughly enjoyed the rafting and the lunch was very good. Burgers, hot dogs and you can even get a veggie burger. We also loved the Zip Line, it was so amazing to be flying through the trees. I highly recommend them, they will make sure you have a good time.
To expedite your check in, please print & bring waivers and arrive 30 mins. before your trip time.
The FBRZ outposts are easy to find, but some older GPS devices may not work.
Get More Information
Want to learn more about the area? Have question about rafting and ziplines? Bringing a scout group? You've got Questions, We've got Answers!