Our Hot Springs Location is closed for the season. All Calmwater trips after Labor Day will leave from our Marshall Outpost.
We do not recommend using ride-sharing services (Uber, Lyft, etc) to get to our main outpost. While Marshall is only 30 minutes outside of Asheville it’s much more quiet and rural, which means return rides can be difficult to secure. Please plan on driving or having a dedicated ride to your adventure. If you have questions, please call us.
Directions to the outpost
First, follow the directions to the FBA Marshall Outpost.
Once you have passed our Marshall Outpost, follow the rest of the directions here.
- Continue on Hwy 25-70 toward Hot Springs for approximately another 6 miles.
- Turn left, following signs for 25-70 towards Hot Springs.
- Continue approximately another 5.5 miles into the town of Hot Springs.
- Once you cross a small bridge over the French Broad River you will see the Hot Springs Spa Suites on the right and the Hot Springs Campground on the left.
- Our Hot Springs outpost is just past the campground on the left. You will see a brown fence and a small tan building with tents and picnic tables in front.
- If you go over the railroad tracks you have gone too far.
Trips Leaving from this Outpost
Trips included in packages might also leave from this outpost. See package details for more information.
NOTE: Trips only leave from the Hot Springs Outpost between Memorial Day and Labor Day. For all other dates, trips will leave from the Marshall Outpost.