There are a lot of companies who specialize in whitewater rafting in Asheville and Western North Carolina, so what makes us special? Why do we think we offer the best experience and service to our customers? Read on to find out!
The Best Whitewater Rafting In Asheville and WNC!
- FBRZ is local & family owned. We are truly a family business! The owners are twin brothers Michael and Mitch Hampton as well as Mitch’s wife, Korey Hampton. The complete list of the Hampton extended family that has worked in the business is big – a total of 15 including our parents, in-laws, cousins, kids, stepkids and grandkids.
- Our guides are tons of fun and very experienced! In fact, we have some of the most experienced guides on the river. As one of the oldest companies guiding on the French Broad, some of our staff has river experience of upwards of three decades! Our most veteran staff member is Tom Butler, who started working for us way back in 1982 .
- People love us! Read our Testimonials here.
- We’re a fun group of people! Like our Facebook page to get to know us better.
- We’re involved with local charities and are always doing what we can to help those in need.
- You’ll help preserve our natural forests and rivers. We are the only whitewater company in the Southeast to use biodiesel fuel in all of our diesel-powered vehicles.
- We are close to Asheville – Our whitewater rafting outpost is only a 30 minute (24 mile) drive from Asheville, and is very close to the river.
- Our prices don’t change on weekends!
- You can go rafting and ziplining on the same day!
- We offer calm water float trips and rentals as well as whitewater trips.
- We are the only whitewater outfitter on the French Broad River with a covered pavilion for lunch or snack.
- The French Broad River boasts a very pleasant and moderate water temperature (much warmer than the Nantahala River).
- We offer a 10% discount to groups of 10 or more people. We also offer discounts to active military personnel and AAA members. Additionally, we offer discounts when rafting and zipline trips are booked together.
Book your trip with us today and discover for yourself why the best whitewater rafting in Asheville and Western North Carolina is at French Broad Rafting and Ziplines!